Maestro Debit Card
- In Estonia you can use your Maestro Debit Card in all ATMs, shops and service centres that have the Maestro logo.
- When you go abroad you can do the same but look for the Maestro or Cirrus logo.
- Having a debit card means you don’t have to spend all your time looking for places to exchange currency when you are travelling as you can use your card to pay for your shopping or get cash in the local currency from ATMs.
- The card is accepted in millions of shops around the world and it is really easy and convenient to use.
- In Estonia you can pay with the card in all shops that have the Maestro logo and you can also use it abroad in shops that have the Cirrus logo.
- You can get cash from ATMs both in Estonia and abroad.
- With the card, cash can be deposited free of charge in Nordea ATMs in Estonia. The cash deposit day limit in ATMs is 20 000 euros.
Limits that suit your needs
You can use your card to check your account balance and transactions at ATMs. To make sure that your money is secure you might like to set daily cash and usage limits for your card that suit your needs best and not choose any extra functions for it. You can do this easily in the Netbank.
- Setting your daily cash and usage limits to be smaller than the amount on your account stops unauthorised people from accessing all your money at once from your account if your card is lost or stolen.
- The card has a daily cash limit for the amount that you can get from an ATM in any 24 hour period.
- There is also a daily usage limit for the amount that you can use for card payments.
- The daily cash limit is included in the daily usage limit.
- When you get cash in a currency other than euros abroad you will be charged an additional conversion fee of up to 1% of the cash amount that you have taken.
- You will also have to pay a conversion fee for card payments that you have made in a currency other than euros abroad.
- You can find more information on the cash withdrawal fees from the price list
|Monthly maintenance fee||1 €|
|From Nordea ATMs in Estonia||2.50 €|
||1.95 € + 2.5% of the transaction value|
|Cash deposit in Nordea ATM’s in Estonia 1||Free|
|Other service fees related to bank cards|
|Expedited order of a bank card / PIN code||35 €|
|PIN code replacement||1 €|
|Card replacement||2 €|
|Closing a card||Free|
|A copy of the receipt for a disputed transaction in Estonia or abroad**||6 €|
|Unjustified reclaim from transaction in Estonia or abroad**||6 €|
|Blocking a card because of overdue payments||13 €|
|Penalty for using a closed or blocked card||65 €|
|Conversion fee for card transactions made in foreign currency||2% of the amount|
|Balance enquiry from other bank ATM||0.35 €|
** Additional charges from foreign banks may apply if card transactions made abroad are disputed.
- Keep the PIN code of your card to yourself alone and never keep it together with the card. The PIN code is your electronic signature when you confirm transactions, so it is very important to keep it secret.
- When you pay with your card make sure that it is not taken out of your sight.
- Do not leave your card unattended.
- When you enter your PIN code make sure that no one else can see it.
- If you suspect that your bank card may have been used by an unauthorised person, inform the bank immediately and have your card closed.