Disputing card transactions
When may I submit an application to contest card transactions?
You may submit an application to our bank to contest card transactions if:
- you discover card transactions and/or withdrawal of cash from ATMs which you have not performed on your bank statement
- a double fee has been charged for your card transaction
- you have not received goods or services ordered by card
- the product received from the vendor is faulty
- an ATM did not issue cash, but the sum has been debited from your account
- a cash deposit ATM took the cash, but the sum has not been received on your bank account
First try to solve the problem by turning directly to the vendor/service provider.
In order to solve the problem that has arisen, turn to the vendor first if the reason for contesting the transaction is related to breach of contractual terms and conditions on their side:
- e.g. a double fee has been charged for the card transaction,
- you have not received the ordered product or
- the product does not correspond to your order
- if the transaction was cancelled, but the vendor/service provider has not returned the paid sum
Please take into account that:
- car rental companies have the right to claim unpaid sums for fuel and traffic fines after the fact.
- hotels have the right to claim unpaid mini bar purchases after the fact. In addition, hotel bookings made online might not have a cancellation option and therefore, the hotel has the right to claim the price of one hotel overnight stay as a no-show.
Please submit the card transaction contestation application to our bank, if you are unable to solve the issue by turning to the vendor. Attach a copy of the correspondence between you and the vendor/service provider (e.g. number received when cancelling the hotel room booking) to the card transaction contestation application.
Filling in the card transaction contestation application.
If you have discovered transactions on your bank statement that require checking and if you do not reach an agreement with the vendor/service provider, then fill in the card transaction contestation application form (in estonian) and bring it to the nearest bank office.
In order to resolve the card transaction contestation positively, it is important for us to receive sufficient information from you about what took place.
- Carefully fill in the application form. It must list the card owner`s data and signature.
- If your card has been stolen or misused, then file an application with the police. Attach a copy of the application filed with the police to the card transaction contestation application.
- Describe the events that took place under the clause “Description of events“ of the application.
- Attach copies of all materials in your possession to the application which may prove the legitimacy of your contestation. For example, a copy of the correspondence between you and the vendor/service provider, confirmation of the order, receipt or application filed with the police.
- Make a copy of the card transaction contestation application and its attachments for yourself.
According to international recoveries` rules, domestic card transaction recovery process takes 30 days and foreign card transaction recovery process takes up to 65 days from submission of an application.
Read more about the terms and conditions of our bank cards, including the clause “Contestation of card transaction“ and if necessary, consult Customer Support at +372 628 3300 for additional information.