Nordea Credit advantages.
As the cardholder you can choose any day between the 5th and the 15th day of the month as the day when you want to pay your credit card bill and how much of the bill you will pay between 10% -100%.
There is no interest to pay for 45 days on any purchases you make.
Interest will be calculated from the first banking day after the payment date on the remaining amount that you have not yet paid off.
Monthly maintenance fee will not be required if credit card is used to pay for a minimum of 400 euros worth of purchase transactions a month.
Card comes with Contactless payment feature, which make your smaller purchases faster.
It is very easy to make repayments to your card account and you can decide how much you pay, but you can also set up a direct debit to make the payments from your main account.
You can also deposit cash free of charge in Nordea ATMs in Estonia, thereby increasing the available funds on your card. The day limit on cash deposits in ATMs is 6 000 euros.
Nordea Credit comes with purchase protection insurance, which gives paying by card great added value.
You can track your card transactions in real time in the Netbank
- Nordea Credit has an interest free period of 45 days. As the cardholder you can choose any day between the 5th and the 15th day of the month as the day when you want to pay your credit card bill. Interest will be calculated from the first banking day after the payment date on the remaining amount that you have not yet paid off
- It is very easy to make repayments to your card account and you can decide how much you pay, but you can also set up a direct debit to make the payments from your main account. You can also deposit cash free of charge in Nordea ATMs in Estonia, thereby increasing the available funds on your card. The day limit on cash deposits in ATMs is 6 000 euros
- Monthly maintenance fee will not be required if credit card is used to pay for a minimum of 400 euros worth of purchase transactions a month.
- Nordea Credit comes with purchase protection insurance, which gives paying by card great added value.
- The card has a minimum credit limit of 150 euros. The maximum credit limit is your total credit limit, and then each time you pay off part of your bill, you will have that much available to spend. You will find more information about the card related service fees in the price list.
- You will need to pay off at least the minimum agreed amount each month on the agreed day for your purchases in the previous month. After that date, interest will be calculated on any amount that you have not yet paid off.
- If you pay off all of your credit on or before the agreed date, no interest will be charged. The long interest-free period is there for you whether you want to wait before paying for some of your purchases or to pay for them immediately.
- You will find more information about the price list of the service fees here.
- The annual interest rate on the Nordea Credit is 20%.
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the credit card.
- Your regular net income must be at least 400 euros per month.
- You should have no payment defaults.
- If the credit limit is higher than 300€, then regular income must be paid to banking account in our bank.
- We will ask you to submit additional documents if necessary.
You can read the terms and conditions of the Nordea Credit contract here.
- When you apply for the credit card, you can choose the date you want to make payments to your card and the minimum monthly amount you will pay. The credit card bill is issued on the last working day of each month.
- You can see your bill in the Netbank, where you can also get the best overview of your card transactions and any debts you may have.
- Most convenient way to pay your bills is to set up a direct debit to make the payments from your main account. Simply ask in your local branch, call the Telephone Bank, or send the request through the Netbank.
- Good opportunity to pay the bills is to use Nordea ATMs in Estonia, where you can deposit cash free of charge to your card account.
- In addition, you can also pay any amount in to your card account at any time if you want to increase the funds available on your card account.
- How much you pay onto the credit card account and when are flexible and you can set them by yourdelf in the Netbank.
- For example, if you set 50% as the minimum amount to be paid each month when you apply for the card, there will be no interest on the half of your purchases that you pay for by the payment date. Then you can pay for the other half of your purchases later.
- Any changes you make to the minimum amount or the payment date will apply immediately, provided that you have made them before the bill is issued on the last working day of the month.
A contactless transaction means paying for a purchase without inserting your bank card in the payment terminal and inserting the PIN code.
What is a bank card with contactless transaction feature like?
It is a regular bank card with the following distinct symbol
How to activate or deactivate contactless transaction functionality?
Contactless functionality will be activated automatically after first contact transaction in POS terminal or in ATM. To deactivate contactless functionality you need to contact the bank.
When will it be possible to pay by a contactless card in Estonia?
Most Estonian banks will start issuing contactless cards to its customers during 2016.
How to use a contactless card?
In order to perform a contactless transaction, the card must be placed against the terminal. The screen will display additional instructions and information about a successful payment. If the purchase sum exceeds 25 euros, then you must enter your PIN-code, depending on the payment terminal type, it may be necessary to insert the card in the terminal.
Where can I make contactless transactions?
In Europe, there are more than a million payment terminals with contactless transaction capacity. This year, contactless payment support will also be opened in many Estonian shops, restaurants and elsewhere. The goal is to provide contactless transaction capacity in all devices taking card payments by the year 2020.
Are contactless cards secure?
Contactless cards are secured by using chip and PIN technology. In Estonia, up to 25-euro payments can be performed without entering the PIN code.
If I am near a cash register or walk past one, is it possible I unwillingly pay for someone else`s bill?
No. First of all, the card must be closer than 3 centimetres to the payment terminal to perform the transaction. Secondly, the card must be held close to the terminal for longer than half a second. Therefore, performing a transaction basically requires placing the card against the terminal. It is not possible to make an accidental payment by walking by.
If the contactless card is lost or stolen, then does it mean that an unlimited number of payments up to 25 euros can be performed without my knowledge?
Though making a contactless transaction may seem very simple, cards are protected with different security features. After several contactless payments has been made, then the PIN code must be entered again, also the card randomly requires entering the PIN when making purchases. If your contactless card is lost or stolen, then the bank must be informed. If the customer informs the bank of losing the card quickly, then the customer is not liable for misuse of the card. In countries where contactless cards have been adopted, there has not been an increase in card fraud.
Is it possible that I will make a double payment, if I have several bank cards with the contactless transaction functionality?
No, payment terminals do not allow double payments, even if there is more than one contactless card close to it at the same time.
NB! Purchase protection insurance does not extend to MC Gold credit cards, which are no longer concluded (ever since 11.02.2013).
Purchase protection guarantees a right to compensation across the globe (also online) for goods purchased with a valid Nordea Gold, Nordea Credit or Nordea Platinum credit card in case of incidental damage, theft or robbery if
The purchase was paid for in full by this credit card
The insured item was purchased as new
- Purchase protection starts at the moment the purchase was paid for by the aforementioned card and is valid for 90 days.
- The purchasing price of the purchased item must be between 100 euros and 2000 euros.
The insurer is AIG Europe Limited, which belongs to the largest insurance group in the world and serves 40 million customers in 160 countries across the globe.
In an insured event:
- keep all documents related to the insured event and receipts that prove your costs;
- fill in the claim form when you return home or as soon as you can, attach all the related documents to it and send them by post to the address of the Claims Handling.
Local Claims handling & Insurance Assistance:
AIG Europe Limited
Post Office Box 7024
14002 Tallinn, Estonia
Tel. +372 686 7800
Fax +372 673 7242
(Mon-Fri 9-20, Sat 10-16)
|Loss claim form|
In case of an insured incident, fill in the Loss claim form link, attach all related documents and send them by mail to:
AIG Europe Limited
- Under which circumstances is the purchased good insured?
The good is insured if the cost of the good is 100-2000 EUR (max 5000 EUR in case of Platinum card) paid for by a valid Nordea Gold, Nordea Credit or Nordea Platinum credit card. The exclusions are specified in the insurance terms and conditions.
- How long is the insurance valid for?
The insurance is valid for 90 days after the good was purchased.
- Will the cost of the good be covered in full if the good breaks?
If the good can be repaired, then the repair costs will be compensated after subtracting the deductible in the amount of 50 EUR. If an authorised repairs provider issues a certificate confirming that the good cannot be restored, then the full cost of the good will be compensated after subtracting the deductible in the amount of 50 EUR.
- Who will advise me in insurance issues?
If you have any questions regarding insurance protection, policies or other similar issues, then the insurance company`s Customer Service is happy to help:
Transcom Eesti OÜ
Pärnu mnt 160
11317 Tallinn, Estonia
Tel + 372 686 7800
Fax + 372 673 7242
|Monthly fee||1.40 € (4)|
|Cash withdrawal from Nordea ATMs in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Russia||1.95 € + 2.5% of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks in Estonia||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks where currency is euro (EUR) 2||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks abroad||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal at a branch office (except branches in Estonia)||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash deposit in Nordea ATM’s in Estonia 1||Free|
|Other service fees related to bank cards|
|Fast issuing of a bank card||35 €|
|Card replacement fee||Free|
|Closing a card||Free|
|PIN code replacement||Free|
|Fee for changing card 24h usage limit in branch offices and Telephone Bank||Free|
|Changing the credit limit||Free|
|Conversion fee for card transactions made in foreign currency||2 % of the amount|
|Blocking a card because of overdue payments||13 €|
|Sending paper invoices by post||5 €|
|Using MasterCard support service abroad (issuing a temporary replacement card)||Actual costs, max 129 €|
1 Cash deposit daily limit 6000.-€
2 Europa Union countries where currency is euro (EUR)
4 The requirement to pay the monthly maintenance fee will extend to the credit card holders who have paid the previously valid annual fee before 1 April 2015 once one year has passed from the due date of the last annual fee payment. The monthly maintenance fee will not be implemented if the monthly purchase transactions made with the credit card exceed 400 euros. Only the transactions confirmed during the month will qualify. If the purchase sum requirement is met, the discount will be applied the first month the monthly fee is due for the credit card.
- Keep the PIN code of your card to yourself alone and never keep it together with the card. The PIN code is your electronic signature when you confirm transactions, so it is very important to keep it secret.
- When you pay with your card make sure that it is not taken out of your sight.
- Do not leave your card unattended.
- When you enter your PIN code make sure that no one else can see it.
- If you suspect that your bank card may have been used by an unauthorised person, inform the bank immediately and have your card closed.
If you have lost your card, call the bank immediately on the 24/7 service number 1772* / 628 3300 (+372 628 3300 from abroad) to have it closed and to prevent it from being used any further by an unauthorized person.