- The PINS MasterCard combines membership of the international programme PINS with a credit card from our bank.
- Your card collects points when you fly with airBaltic, use the services of our partners in the programme, or pay for your shopping by credit card.
- Your PINS MasterCard gives you free travel insurance.
- You can choose the date you want to make payments to your card and the minimum amount you will pay.
Advantages of PINS MasterCard
- The PINS MasterCard is an international credit card accepted in millions of shops around the world.
- You get one point for each 1.5 euros you spend on anything at all and there is no interest to pay for 45 days.
- As the cardholder you can choose any day between the 5th and the 15th day of the month for when you want to pay your credit card bill and how much of the bill you will pay anywhere between 10% and 100%.
- Cash deposits are free of charge in Nordea ATMs in Estonia (day limit 6000 euros).
- If you pay at least half of your travel costs with your PINS MasterCard, you get free travel insurance
- The card has a minimum credit limit of 150 euros. The maximum credit limit is your total credit limit, and then each time you pay off part of your bill, you will have that much available to spend.
- You will need to pay off at least the minimum agreed amount each month on the agreed day for your purchases in the previous month. After that date, interest will be calculated on any amount that you have not yet paid off.
- If you pay off all of your credit on or before the agreed date, no interest will be charged. The long interest-free period is there for you whether you want to wait before paying for some of your purchases or to pay for them immediately.
- You can find more information on the price list for services.
- The annual interest rate on the PINS MasterCard credit card is 22%.
- The PINS credit card earns you points every time you buy something, as each 1.5 euros that you spend with the card earns you one point.
- More about the PINS programme, partners and offers
Your credit card bill is issued on the last working day of the month and you need to pay at least the agreed minimum amount by the agreed date of the next month. Interest is then calculated on the remaining amount that has not been paid off by the payment date.You can pay your monthly PINS MasterCard bill in three ways:
- Transfer to the account of the PINS MasterCard
You can see your credit card bill in your Netbank.
You can pay the bill by making a normal transfer from your current account to the account number of your own PINS MasterCard.
You need to pay the agreed minimum amount every month, but you can always pay more if you want.
- Direct debit from your current account
You can very easily set up a direct debit to pay the minimum amount automatically from your current account to your credit card by asking in your local branch, calling the Telephone Bank, or sending a message through the Netbank.
- E-invoice with a standing order for the credit card bill (for if you want to pay your bills from an account in another bank)
You can set up an e-invoice to another bank by signing an e-invoice standing order contract in the Netbank or by manually paying the e-invoices you get each month. The e-invoice standing order will automatically transfer the minimum credit card repayment from your current account.
You can also enter the payment yourself by putting your credit card as the payee and the account number of your PINS MasterCard as the reference number.
It is free to set up an e-invoice for your credit card.
If you pay for at least half of your travel costs with your PINS MasterCard credit card, you will receive free travel insurance.
- Travel costs include your costs of getting to where you are going and returning home again, and the cost of accommodation while you are there. Extra trips and excursions while you are away do not count as travel costs.
- The insurance is provided by AIG Europe Limited, part of the world’s largest insurance group with 40 million customers in 160 countries.
- The insured person is the cardholder of the PINS MasterCard, who should be aged between 14 and 78.
- The insurance is valid on trips that last up to 35 days.
The credit card gives you comprehensive travel insurance that includes all the common types of coverage that you may need:
- Medical insurance
- Luggage insurance
- Coverage against delay, loss or theft of your luggage
- Missed departure
- Travel cancellation insurance
- Travel interruption insurance
In an insured event:
- keep all documents related to the insured event and receipts that prove your costs;
- fill in the claim form when you return home or as soon as you can, attach all the related documents to it and send them by post to the address of the Claims Handling.
Travel Emergency Assistance:
SOS International AS
Tel. +45 7010 5054
Fax +45 7010 5056
(24 h service)
Local Claims handling & Insurance Assistance:
AIG Europe Limited
Post Office Box 7024
14002 Tallinn, Estonia
Tel. +372 686 7800
Fax +372 673 7242
(Mon-Fri 9-20, Sat 10-16)
Following an insured event fill in the claim form, attach all the related documents to it and send them by post to:
AIG Europe Limited
MC PINS credit card travel insurance FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the travel insurance valid? Is it valid everywhere in the world?
The insurance is valid everywhere in the world except Estonia or your home country, provided that you have paid 50% of your travel costs with your BalticMiles credit card.
Who is insured? Is it only me or my whole family?
Only the cardholder aged between 14 and 78 is covered by the insurance.
If two family members (or 4–5 + n people) are travelling together and both (all) have credit cards (e.g. PINS and Business),can the limits of their individual cards be added up if their costs exceed the limit on one card?
Even if you have more than one card that gives you travel insurance, you as the insured person are indemnified only once. Therefore, the limits of individual cards cannot be accumulated.
What is covered by the insurance if my luggage arrives late at my travel destination or back at home, or if it gets lost completely?
If your luggage arrives late at your travel destination it is covered up to the amount insured.
What is the limit for hospital expenses?
How are the limits that are set out in the terms and conditions of the insurance applied? Which limits apply to the card and which to the family members travelling with me?
Unless otherwise provided in the terms and conditions, all the indemnities detailed in the coverage table in the terms and conditions apply to one insured event and one person.
Who will help me if I have questions about what the travel insurance covers on my trip? Who can I turn to?
If you have questions about your insurance coverage, your insurance policy or similar issues you can contact the Customer Service (Transcom). In an emergency you can contact our emergency service provider SOS, who provides payment guarantees and emergency assistance 24/7 all year round.
Is the insurance valid if the travel and tickets belonging to the cardholder of the private PINS credit card are paid by the cardholder's employer? If so, under what circumstances? Who is the beneficiary in this case?
The travel insurance of the PINS credit card is only valid if 50% of the travel costs have been paid for with this card. Travel costs include your costs of getting to where you are going and returning home again, and the cost of accommodation while you are there. Extra trips and excursions while you are away do not count as travel costs. So if your employer pays half of your travel costs and you as the cardholder pay the other half, you will be covered by the insurance. The named insurance covers the possible loss incurred by the cardholder only in cases where the cardholder himself or herself has suffered the loss. The costs covered in this case are those of medical assistance, late departure, loss of personal luggage , etc. However, if you have not paid for half of the travel costs yourself, the costs from a cancellation or interruption to the trip are not borne by the cardholder but by the employer who paid for the airfares or the trip. As the company is not the insured person, you cannot claim these costs under the insurance.
|Monthly fee||2 €|
|Cash withdrawal from Nordea ATMs in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Russia||1.95 € + 2.5% of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks in Estonia||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks where currency is euro (EUR) 2||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal from ATMs of other banks abroad||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash withdrawal at a branch office (except branches in Estonia)||1.95 € + 2.5 % of the transaction value|
|Cash deposit in Nordea ATM’s in Estonia 1||Free|
|Other service fees related to bank cards|
|Fast issuing of a bank card||35 €|
|Card replacement fee||Free|
|Closing a card||Free|
|PIN code replacement||Free|
|Fee for changing card 24h usage limit in branch offices and Telephone Bank||Free|
|Changing the credit limit||Free|
|Conversion fee for card transactions made in foreign currency||2 % of the amount|
|Blocking a card because of overdue payments||13 €|
|Sending paper invoices by post||5 €|
|Using MasterCard support service abroad (issuing a temporary replacement card)||Actual costs, max 129 €|
2 Europa Union countries where currency is euro (EUR)
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply for the credit card.
- Your net regular income should be at least 400 euros per month.
- You must have no payment defaults.
- We may ask you to submit additional documents if necessary.
You can read the terms and conditions of the PINS MasterCard contract here.
- Keep the PIN code of your card to yourself alone and never keep it together with the card. The PIN code is your electronic signature when you confirm transactions, so it is very important to keep it secret.
- When you pay with your card make sure that it is not taken out of your sight.
- Do not leave your card unattended.
- When you enter your PIN code make sure that no one else can see it.
- If you suspect that your bank card may have been used by an unauthorised person, inform the bank immediately and have your card closed.
If you have lost your card, call the bank immediately on the 24/7 service number 1772* / 628 3300 (+372 628 3300 from abroad) to have it closed and to prevent it from being used any further by an unauthorized person.