Home insurance

Buying a home is a big decision and an important milestone in your life. In order to protect your home, which you have put together with care and love, we recommend that you take out insurance cover. You need to insure your real estate collateral throughout the entire loan period. In partnership with If Kindlustus, the largest insurance company in Estonia, we offer our customers home insurance, which provides comprehensive cover for your home and home property, and gives you peace of mind. In the event of an accident, you can be sure that your claims are handled professionally and that your home will soon be like new again. You can complement your home insurance with liability insurance. In case of an emergency at home, If Insurance home assistance service is at your disposal, whether it be a burst pipe or faulty door lock.

You can choose between two different insurance packages, Home or VIP.

The Home package covers the most common risks such as fire, water, burglary and storm. This insurance can also help you if you lose your keys or the lock on your front door is damaged. In such cases we will provide a new door lock with no excess.
Read more about the advantages of Home package.

Compared with Home, the VIP package gives you coverage against several additional risks. For example, if you take a laptop or a mobile phone with you on a trip, these are insured everywhere in the European Union.

Read more about the advantages of VIP package.

We offer home insurance in partnership with If KindlustusOpens new window

You can complement your home insurance with liability insurance.

This comes in handy if you have accidentally caused damage to other people. In apartment houses, for example, the most common accidents are caused by water from leaking pipes damaging a neighbour's apartment. Liability insurance is also useful if you are a house owner and in stormy weather a tree in your garden falls on the roof of a neighbour's house. It also comes in handy if your child scratches someone's car with his or her bicycle.

In addition to the most common risks, such as fire, burglary or storm, our home insurance covers your home against a number of other risks:

  • We cover losses resulting from defective construction work provided that there was a building permit and your home was built by a registered builder.
  • We cover losses caused by an unexpected and unforeseen flood, including a flood caused by melting snow.
  • If`s free home assistance service is available 24/7, which provides help in case of emergencies at home (e.g. a pipe bursts or door lock breaks).
  • We replace broken window panes to the full extent.
  • We cover demolition and cleaning costs related to an insured event.
  • We cover rental and moving costs up to 3000 euros for replacement housing at no excess.
  • If you lose your home keys or your locks get damaged, we provide new door locks to the full extent.
  • The insurance covers playgrounds and other structures on your plot of land.
  • We cover your property in accordance with the principle 'new for old'.
  • Insurance cover also applies to property that is in an uninsured outbuilding or in your apartment storeroom.
  • Anything you carry with you in Estonia such as laptop, mobile phone and clothes are also insured up to 1000 euros.
  • If your bank card is lost or stolen we cover the financial loss caused by unlawful use of your bank card up to 1000 euros.
  • We also cover your loss if your wine or jam cellar is broken into, or the winter supplies in your freezer get spoiled as a result of a power shortage.
  • You can also insure building materials stored in a building under construction, or items in your summer cottage up to 3000 euros.
  • Your kitchen furniture is insured up to 6000 euros.
  • You can buy liability insurance against damages that occur outside your home. This comes in handy if your child accidentally scratches someone's car with his or her bicycle for example.
The VIP package provides you with the following additional advantages:
  • We insure your rental and moving costs for replacement housing up to 6000 euros with no excess.
  • We cover the costs of eliminating an emergency situation caused by water for example up to 100 euros.
  • Anything you carry with you travelling in the European Union, Norway, Iceland, Switzerland or Liechtenstein, such as laptop, mobile phone and clothes, are also insured – the amount insured is 1000 euros.
  • If your passport, ID-card or driving licence is stolen, we cover the costs of renewing of these documents up to 100 euros.


The insurance service provider is If P&C Insurance AS. Please read the insurance conditions before signing an insurance contract. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us: +372 602 5035 or luminorkindlustus@if.ee


The fastest and simplest way to notify us of a loss is by sending us a loss notice online.Opens new window

If you have any questions, please call the 24/7 insurance hotline number +372 777 1211.


The insurance provider is If P&C Insurance AS. Please read the insurance terms and conditions on www.if.ee and request additional information from the Insurance telephone number +372 777 1211 .

Before concluding the agreement, please read the terms and conditions and if necessary, consult a specialist.