If you want to choose Nordea as your home bank and switch from another bank, we will help you do everything necessary and we can deal with your current bank on your behalf. You can bring over your current account and all the standing orders and e-invoice standing payment arrangements related to your current account.
Switching from another bank means closing your current account in your previous bank and opening a new one in Nordea if you haven’t yet done so. We can bring over your current account if you don’t have any of the following agreements with your other bank:
- a credit agreement like a housing loan or credit card;
- an agreement for managing a securities account;
- an agreement on a savings or investment product like a term deposit or investment deposit;
- an agreement to use your current account for depositing foreign currencies or as a multi-account or multi-currency
- account where the balance of the accounts is not sufficient to pay the service fees for foreign currency transactions.
Switching e-invoice standing payment arrangements and standing orders from another bank means that you end your agreements in your previous bank and sign new ones in Nordea.
You cannot switch from another bank if:
- the current account has been frozen in the other bank;
- you owe money to the other bank, such as debts for unpaid service fees.
How do I switch from another bank?
- Via the Nordea Netbank or Telephone Bank
- In a branch office or service point
For further information, please call 1772* / 6 283 300