You can use our Private Netbank with the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer, IE7 or later
- Firefox, latest version
- Google Chrome
Try demo of Nordea netbank.
Using the Private Netbank is simple but secure
Private Netbank users are identified through their user ID and login code, the codes from their code cards, Nordea Codes application or code calculator or the PIN1 of their ID card or Mobile-ID. Payments are confirmed using the codes from the code cards, Nordea Codes application or code calculator or the PIN2 of the ID card or Mobile-ID.
- The connection in our Netbank is protected with the SSL security protocol. The SSL protocol encrypts the data exchange, and the bank identifies customers through their Netbank codes (Mobile-ID or PIN1 for ID card). Additionally, cookies are used to define a session.
- The SSL security protocol is an encryption technology supported by browsers. When SSL encryption is activated in Explorer, Mozilla or Google Chrome, a padlock icon will appear on the display. If you click on the padlock icon you can view the bank’s security certificate. A secure connection begins with the letters “https://” in the address field of the internet browser. If the website address begins with “http://”, the connection is not secured.
- For security reasons, the duration of the connection with the bank is monitored. The maximum duration of one session is two hours. If the internet bank service has been idle for 15 minutes, the session will automatically expire and you will need to log in again to access the service. If you are using your ID card, first close all your browser windows and then log in again. The limited session time is there to protect you against the misuse of your account if you have forgotten to log out from the internet bank.
Guidelines for keeping your internet bank service safe and secure
To prevent unauthorised use of the service and any damage it may cause, we ask you to follow these requirements for looking after your security cards:
- Keep your user ID and code card or ID card where nobody else can get to it, not even members of your family. If you would like to authorise another person to handle your finances, you need to designate that person as a user of the service.
- Keep your user ID and code card or ID card apart so that if somebody gets hold of one of them they won’t be able to cause any harm.
- Do not record security information for other people in a way that can be identified. You must not record your user ID on the code card in any form under any circumstances. The bank strongly recommends that you memorise your user ID.
Disconnecting from the internet bank session
The internet bank session will end when you click “Logout”. For security reasons, we recommend that you then close all your browser windows.