You can help teach your children about saving by depositing collected coins, taking them regularly to the bank and having the amount transferred to your children’s current accounts. In this way, your children can quickly collect quite a lot on their accounts.
- There is no charge for depositing coins for customers under 20.
If you want to make your children’s wishes and dreams come true, it is best to start collecting money on a reserve deposit, which has no fixed term and lets a child pay in any amount at any time. If needed, the money can also be withdrawn from the deposit without the accumulated interest being lost.
- Under-aged family members of Silver or Gold customers can get a deposit with a higher interest rate.
As your children grow, so will their need for pocket money. You can apply for Maestro Debit Cards for your children from when they are 6 years old. It is simple and safe for your children to use their pocket money like this as the card may be either linked to your current account or to your children’s, and you can make intra-bank transactions on it free of charge at any time.
- There is no monthly or annual fee for the Maestro Debit Card for customers under 20.
- Cash withdrawal with this card is free from all Nordea ATMs in Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Poland, Finland, Sweden, Denmark and Norway.
It is a good idea to sign a Nordea Netbank user agreement for your children so that they can keep track of their everyday bank operations. This will let them use all the functions of the bank and also use the Netbank codes to access e-School and other services.
- There is no monthly fee for using our Netbank for customers under 20
- All domestic transactions within Nordea and to other banks are free of charge